Great Food
We ate a lot of really good food while we were there! I held a Tortilla Soup (my favorite!) contest to see if I could find out which restaurant had the best. I found it at three restaurants:
Jazmine's
Molly's
Cabo Wabo
Molly's
Cabo Wabo
There was a close tie between Jazmine's and Molly's but the winner is JAZMINE'S! Definitely better than any Tortilla Soup I've had in the States!
We also ate at a taqueria called El Fogon. This tequeria had the best Mexican food, especially tacos, I've ever tasted. We had to go back the last night we were there because we all loved it so much!
And, we also ate at Baan Thai and La Dulce Italian.. both were awesome! Nothing like trying foreign food in a foreign country!
I heard horror stories about getting sick in Mexico so we were all a little nervous about having ice cubes in our drinks and stuff. Unfortunately, Sean and I both got really sick during the vacation, which totally sucked! But, I guess that's to be expected in a foreign country!
Free Stuff
In Mexico it's impossible to go anywhere without getting sold on a timeshare presentation. And, I was hit hard at the Avis car rental shop. But, he promised us $400 of our rental car, which covered the whole cost, and 4 snorkel tour tickets, which cost about $45.00 each. Since Erik just stood back quietly, I hesitantly agreed hoping that it wasn't stupid to do! The car rental guy said he would meet us at our hotel so we could follow him down to Cabo San Lucas, which is like 25 minutes away. Now, he must be getting a good commission from this if he's willing to show us how to get there! Or, I'm stupid and getting duped!
So, the next morning, an Avis girl was outside our hotel and actually paid a taxi driver to show us how to get to the timeshare presentation. This was our first day in Mexico so we weren't used to the driving yet, but Erik did an awesome job keeping up, especially on all the one-way roads down in Cabo when the taxi wasn't making it easy to follow him. I'm sure Erik just wanted to ditch out anyway cuz he wasn't thrilled about doing it anyway!
We finally made it safely to the presentation, and after convincing the hostess that April and Alan were married because she didn't have ID with her, we were on our way. We got a tour of the most AMAZING resort I have ever seen. It was way nicer than a 5-star hotel. Then, they gave us breakfast and took us to see the different room options. Of course, they start with the nicest room, which has it's own swimming pool and hot tub! It was NUTS! Every room faced the Pacific ocean with the most amazing view.
So, while attending these things aren't usually very fun, this was not too bad. We got to see a nice resort, awesome views, and we weren't pressured at all. The best part of it all, we got our $400 and 4 snorkel tour tickets, which means we didn't have to pay for our rental car.. Awesome!
Pictures

The taxi we followed to the timeshare presentation

Our resort

The view from our room

The party beach with all the annoying vendors who tried to sell us something every 30 seconds!

A handicapped sign with Erik's name on it! :)

Heather, Sean, April, & Alan after they finished a day of kayaking. Erik and I are not present because, yes, we tipped our kayak out in the freakin' ocean and couldn't get back in. That was a sad, sad, annoying, stupid day that we wish we could get back! But, everyone else had fun!

Lover's beach.. this is where we were "attempting" to kayak too.. Funny enough, the next beach over is called Divorce beach.. sad!

Sea Lions resting on the rocks off the Arch

Erik and I on the snorkel tour boat, awesome views, not so awesome snorkeling (Hawaii is much better!)

April enjoying the sun

April and Alan (at a restaurant before we headed to the "party" beach)

Heather and Sean at Baan Thai restaurant

Our group photo at our resort on the last day
We also ate at a taqueria called El Fogon. This tequeria had the best Mexican food, especially tacos, I've ever tasted. We had to go back the last night we were there because we all loved it so much!
And, we also ate at Baan Thai and La Dulce Italian.. both were awesome! Nothing like trying foreign food in a foreign country!
I heard horror stories about getting sick in Mexico so we were all a little nervous about having ice cubes in our drinks and stuff. Unfortunately, Sean and I both got really sick during the vacation, which totally sucked! But, I guess that's to be expected in a foreign country!
Free Stuff
In Mexico it's impossible to go anywhere without getting sold on a timeshare presentation. And, I was hit hard at the Avis car rental shop. But, he promised us $400 of our rental car, which covered the whole cost, and 4 snorkel tour tickets, which cost about $45.00 each. Since Erik just stood back quietly, I hesitantly agreed hoping that it wasn't stupid to do! The car rental guy said he would meet us at our hotel so we could follow him down to Cabo San Lucas, which is like 25 minutes away. Now, he must be getting a good commission from this if he's willing to show us how to get there! Or, I'm stupid and getting duped!
So, the next morning, an Avis girl was outside our hotel and actually paid a taxi driver to show us how to get to the timeshare presentation. This was our first day in Mexico so we weren't used to the driving yet, but Erik did an awesome job keeping up, especially on all the one-way roads down in Cabo when the taxi wasn't making it easy to follow him. I'm sure Erik just wanted to ditch out anyway cuz he wasn't thrilled about doing it anyway!
We finally made it safely to the presentation, and after convincing the hostess that April and Alan were married because she didn't have ID with her, we were on our way. We got a tour of the most AMAZING resort I have ever seen. It was way nicer than a 5-star hotel. Then, they gave us breakfast and took us to see the different room options. Of course, they start with the nicest room, which has it's own swimming pool and hot tub! It was NUTS! Every room faced the Pacific ocean with the most amazing view.
So, while attending these things aren't usually very fun, this was not too bad. We got to see a nice resort, awesome views, and we weren't pressured at all. The best part of it all, we got our $400 and 4 snorkel tour tickets, which means we didn't have to pay for our rental car.. Awesome!
Pictures

The taxi we followed to the timeshare presentation

Our resort

The view from our room

The party beach with all the annoying vendors who tried to sell us something every 30 seconds!

A handicapped sign with Erik's name on it! :)

Heather, Sean, April, & Alan after they finished a day of kayaking. Erik and I are not present because, yes, we tipped our kayak out in the freakin' ocean and couldn't get back in. That was a sad, sad, annoying, stupid day that we wish we could get back! But, everyone else had fun!

Lover's beach.. this is where we were "attempting" to kayak too.. Funny enough, the next beach over is called Divorce beach.. sad!

Sea Lions resting on the rocks off the Arch

Erik and I on the snorkel tour boat, awesome views, not so awesome snorkeling (Hawaii is much better!)

April enjoying the sun

April and Alan (at a restaurant before we headed to the "party" beach)

Heather and Sean at Baan Thai restaurant

Our group photo at our resort on the last day
3 comments:
Looks like you guys had so much fun!
fun pictures! Mexico looked beautiful! I love that picture at the end with all of you.
I love seeing pictures from your point of view. I didn't think to get one with a view from the room. I didn't have any at the party beach either. We had so much fun!
Post a Comment