Engagement Photo

Engagement Photo

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Weekend Getaway to the Cabin

This weekend I got to take my sisters and their families up to the cabin. My nephews are in love with sledding so they were really excited to see the big sledding hill. They got there around dinner time and could NOT wait until the next day to go sledding. So, with some begging and a lot of excitement, we agreed to go night sledding with them. And, I'm so glad we did because I now am a huge fan! It was so much funner at night because of the speed combined with the fact you couldn't see where you were going or what you were aimed at!

There was one small incident where poor Torey flew backwards into one of the poles, which is a hazard of night sledding, but fortunately, he wasn't hurt and he still had a blast.

Here are a bunch of pics from the weekend. Thanks Geir and Margaret for letting my family enjoy the cabin... It was wonderful!

Victoria enjoying night sledding


April, Torey, and Alan heading up the hill


Victoria and Torey getting a ride from Uncle Alan


April posing with the "speed demon" sled


Torey


Sean, Austin, and Heather


Sean, Austin, and Erik


Austin and Sean


Erik



And, now for some day sledding...

Torey (front), Austin (back)


Austin


Dallin


Austin..One of many crashes


Dallin made it a goal to throw as many snowballs as possible at Erik


Austin, another crash!


Austin retrieving his boot after the crash, which popped right off his foot!


Torey looking cool!


Heather and Dallin


Dallin and me


Sean and Torey


Now, for some inside time..

Brayden


Victoria and Ellie


Audrey


Austin (the boys loved the "slippery" wood floor, and raced on it for hours)


On your mark, get set, GO


This was the starting point for the races..


Exhausted after a long day of sledding and racing


There were a couple of funny memories I wanted to note too...
1. Brayden asking in his prayer that "Audrey not be too crazy"
2. Brayden, Audrey, and Victoria chanting "pancakes, pancakes" after finding out that's what we were having for breakfast the next morning
3. Audrey screaming, "Get set, GO", at the top of the hill whenever sledders would go down.
4. Audrey screaming, "Go Audrey!" as she rode the snowmobile, which she totally loved! (Sorry, I forgot to take pictures the first day so I didn't get pics of the Paul family kids sleddding, sad.)
5. Victoria thinking that Erik and I moved to the cabin. She didn't realize it was a vacation spot at first and was so excited that this was our new house.

Anyway, these kids make me so happy and I was so glad to spend some awesome, quality time with them and my family.

It was a great weekend!

1 comment:

Jennie-O said...

Fun times! I'm glad you had a good weekend with your family - thanks again for hanging with us last night! :)