Engagement Photo

Engagement Photo

Sunday, April 5, 2009

I'm the prize!

I don't know if you ever feel really loved until you find out that you are the prize! Let me explain.. My nephew earned enough "money" to buy any activity of his choice. And he picked to watch a movie at Aunt Heidi and Uncle Erik's house!

What?? That means I'm his prize! He picked me to hang out with as his reward! AWESOME!

So, on Friday night I loaded up on junk food (5 different kinds of candy and popcorn) and E brought home root beer floats and we watch City of Ember with Torey. He had a tray of junk in front of him and he sure loaded up! But, I'm not sure who had a bigger smile on their face.. him or me!

It was awesome to spend time with him and I am so glad they live in Utah now!

And now I've been told by Austin (my other nephew) that I should expect him to earn an activity of his choice by this weekend so he can come over and watch a movie at Aunt Heidi and Uncle Erik's house!

I'm looking forward to it! And, I hope that as they get older, I continue being the prize! :)

6 comments:

Kiersti said...

So cute!!

jessica said...

so sweet! i love spending one-on-one time...it's the best. i really think it's important, too.

you guys are a great aunt & unlce! xoxo.

The Byers Family said...

It is sooo cool to be the prize! My sister is having her baby tomorrow, her little boy was sooo excited about his little brother and then 1 day he said, "When is Duncan (the baby) coming again?" And Becky replied Tuesday and Brock said "I can hardly wait to get to spend the night at Aunt Shara's!" All this time Becky thought he was excited about the baby (and I'm sure he is) but he really wants to hang with me for the week! LOL! It is great to be the prize! I'm glad you got to share this w/ your nephew! It sounds like it was fun!

Jennie-O said...

You're such a cute aunt. I'm happy for you that they're living in utah now and you get to see them a lot.

Lindsay said...

That is so fun!! You must be an awesome aunt!

Cardwell said...

THANKS HEIDI!!! You will never know how much they really love being with you. I appreciate you!