We've all heard the famous saying, "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas!" Well, Erik and I just got home from Vegas and we did leave one thing in Vegas... all our MONEY!
Yes. Both E and I are gamblers! We played a lot of Let it Ride Poker, Caribbean Stud Poker, and Wheel of Fortune (me) and although we had a GREAT time, we did not win. Surprise, surprise!
Luckily, gambling was not all we did while in Vegas (or we may be totally broke)! While there we had an awesome time enjoying some of LV's more innocent activities!
We took a tour of the Shark Reef Aquarium which was awesome. I stared at this huge puffer fish for like 5 minutes because it was so entertaining to watch it's huge mouth puff in and out. Erik totally loved the shark's and we were a little bummed that we just missed feeding time.
We also went and saw the Cirque de Soleil show Love, which was totally awesome. However, I have to say, I was a little disappointed because I didn't think it was as good as the other Cirque shows I've seen (Mystere and O). But, I did totally love the music! Hey Jennie-You are right about those Beetles! That was some dang good music! But, they didn't do all the cool "acrobats" that I'm used to in the cirque shows and it was FREAKIN' FREEZING in there! The last 30-minutes of the show I couldn't think of anything else but how cold I was! But regardless of these shortcomings, it was still a really good show and I totally wished Jennie could have been there. For some reason, I think I would have liked it more if she was sitting next to me just totally loving it! :)
And, last (but not least), we went to the Bodies Exhibit which I was totally excited for but almost ended up puking over! I was all for going to this exhibit because it's not every day you get to see a dead body with his muscles, bones, and eyeballs protruding without his skin! But, about 5 minutes after we got into the exhibit I got this familiar feeling (because for those of you who don't know, I pass out OFTEN) of faintness. There were a couple of parts I thought were really cool (looking at actual fetus babies and the artery system... which was totally NUTS!) but for the most part I felt sick to my stomach and light-headed and had to sit down every couple of rooms. Needless to say, I was not meant to see the insides of humans and I'm just glad I made it through without puking!
We also went to some awesome restaurants like Emiril's Fish House (which was the nicest restaurant I've ever been too and I got to go there on my 1-year anniversary), Trevi (awesome Italian), and the biggest buffet I've seen in awhile. Luckily, I had the restraint to not gorge myself to the point of no return.. But, I did find out that Baba Gnoche (not sure how to spell that?) IS a food and IS DISGUSTING! Thanks to Greg for giving us all the opportunity to enjoy that awfulness together!
And, I totally loved getting to get to know Jess even better and totally vent to her about anything and everything! Thanks Jess.. What a stress relief that was for me!
The only bummer was that J, T, M, & A weren't there! I totally missed you guys even though I think you may have hated the heat, smoke, and keeping your kids happy in a town full of crazy Mexicans wearing shirts on their heads and passing out PORN! What the?? And, even worse.. the innocent looking married couple where the hubby kept secretly stashing the porn cards in his front pocket. This city must bring out the worst in people!
Las Vegas is a city of greed, excitement, craziness, weirdos, heat, extravagance, great food, and much more. But, I for one, can only handle it for a couple days before I start to question humanity! (Maybe that's the same feelings of those who put up all the "God" billboards!)
All in all, a great vacation! But, I'm happy to be home to the "normalness" of good old SLC!
5 comments:
Those Wheel of Fortune machines will get you every time - they are my ultimate Vegas weekness!!
I'm glad you guys had so much fun!
this was such a perfect post about our trip! i agree with everything you said! it was SOOOO much fun, but i did get tired of having the mexican's reach in front of me to offer my husband pictures of women with boobs the size of my head.
i LOVED spending all that time with you, heidi & also loved being able to vent to you about everything & everything!! it's so nice to have a sister to talk to about marriage & life. it made me want to do a girls trip even more! thanks for a great trip! love you!
We're heading down there for our anniversary next month and I'm so excited! We thought the big 18 would be worth splurging so we're doing the Bellagio fountain side room, I'm afraid I'll spend my whole time in front of the window watching those fountains and that Darrell will be stuck at the poker table, guess we'll see! I'm excited to check out the shark reef aquarium, sounds neat! Vegas is small portions is ok, we'll be there 3 days and I think that'll be plenty!
love that i wrote "everything & everything" in my comment instead of "anything & everything".
i'm SO smart!
I'm glad you guys had fun. I hope we can go with you guys next time! :) Hope to see you soon!
Post a Comment